Monday, June 2, 2008

Now we're just California Dreamin'

It was so much fun visiting Special Grandma in San Diego.
The girls really love Lisa's dogs. They want a dog just like Jellybean (pictured above). And dancing in the big living room for Grandma (or anyone who would be an audience). Jumping on the trampoline and having lots of family around. James and Campbell love their Uncle Tyson. They followed him around like little puppies. Here they are on his fancy new Ducati. Disneyland was a dream come true. The parade was the highlight because they got to see all the princesses. When Campbell saw Ariel on her float singing and waving she screamed for a good 30 seconds and then yelled "I like this!!!!" James was so enthralled that she didn't make a peep. They also loved Mickey and Minnie's houses. Mickey spent lots of time with them and they will always remember it. We learned that at Disneyland the castle is Princess Aurora's castle. This made James very happy. We caught some time with The Fairy Godmother. She has a British accent a la Mary Poppins. Those Brits are just full of magic. And the favorite ride was the Teacups. I remember them as my favorite too, but I think I have outgrown them. I almost lost my lunch! You can see in all the pictures that Campbell has her Webkinz kitty, Mimi. Campbell was shy with the Fairy Godmother and Mickey Mouse until they asked her about her cat. Thanks for Mimi Carissa!

3 comments:

emily kate said...

So cute!! It looks like you had tons of fun! I love that teacup pictures.

And happy birthday!

Laurel said...

What a great trip! And I have to tell you that the shock of my life was when I suddenly developed motion sickness on any kind of spinning ride. Never used to happen. It's some weird aging thing. Now I can't even swing too high. Geeze I'm old!

I'm so glad you had a great time! And what wonderful memories for your girls.

Heather said...

Is Campbell actually on Mom's shoulders watching the parade?

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."