I have been thinking lately about my life. I complain a lot. And I lose my patience. I have this whole philosophy about people (I have never applied to myself until now) .
The philosophy: Don't complain about the life you have chosen.
There are things that happen to us that we don't have control over, but it seems like those things/challenges are more obvious. These hurdles are easier to overcome. They force us to grow and change.
The "normal" life we have chosen is the real challenge.
So I am taking my own advise. I have chosen to have children. As a mother I am the one to be there the most often in their lives. And to teach them and love them. There is no point in me losing my patience with them. Children fight and are stubborn. They don't understand everything and get frustrated. Just like me. I just need a little more understanding. I think there is a song about that.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"What other people think of you is none of your business."
"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."
"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."

3 comments:
That's good advice. When I was rather newly married I saw a sign that read: Choose your love; love your choice. I think that is the trick and the hard part in life. Loving the choice you've made. It takes vigilence and a lot of effort.
I think you probably do a lot better than you think you do!
Has the rain died down out there? When are you guys moving? Are you already going to be gone when we come through the end of July/ early Aug? If so we'll have to stop in Iowa!
Thanks for sharing! It's always good to be reminded! Life isn't usually as bad as it can seem sometimes :) I bet when the sun comes back you'll be feeling a lot better!
Post a Comment