Monday, June 9, 2008

An ode to rain.

Please go away!

I guess that is more of a plea. We have just had waaay too much. This morning they said that the amount we have accumulated in the month of June alone is equal to the amount of snow we had all winter. Let me remind you that this winter we had record breaking amounts of snow.

Last weekend we took the girls and went down to Illinois to visit some very good friends of ours. We stayed up way too late and talked way not enough. I really miss my friends from our college years. After a birthday party we headed to Iowa to do some house hunting. We were lucky enough to get a hotel with an indoor pool. Something to bribe good behavior out of the girls while looking at houses and to wear them out before bed. It was hard to pry them out of the pool, the little fish!

On our way home last night we stopped by grandma and grandpa's house for dinner. The girls were thrilled and my mom always is good at making salmon for the girls. They love that stuff! They helped with the farm chores while Luke, Bill and I tried to watch the game. It kept getting interrupted because of the tornado warnings and thunderstorm warnings. They said the winds were 75 mph so we hung out until it passed and got home around 10:30.

With all that the girls and I have been having a lazy day. Around 3:30 I noticed James still had on her pj's. She quickly changed when she heard we were going to the grocery store and she could get asparagus. Now we are just eating cupcakes (ha ha!) and enjoying a summer day!

1 comment:

Emily Kate said...

I'll trade you places! I LOVE the rain!! Though it does sound like it's a bit scary out there. It's getting way too hot out here.

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."