Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday

Well, this didn't happen on Saturday but it did happen this week. The girls have started fighting. I don't care what people say about differences between boys and girls. Mine are pretty rowdy. Campbell has started to defend herself by biting. I guess being a little smaller you have to find a way to take care of yourself. This actually happened while they were at a friends house. I can't believe they behaved this way around someone else's mom. They have been getting on each other's nerves a little lately. I was watching them interact the other day and they both were doing little things just to bug each other. Campbell playing quietly and James getting really close to her and saying "Hi Campbell" until she would react. Usually by hitting or body slamming. So, I threw them in the tub with their suits on (they thought it was great) and it kept them from tearing each other apart.

Now, our big rummage find today. We had a showing for the house so we were out a bit. I don't usually do rummage sales. My method is more a drive by and if something catches my eye I will stop. I saw these little doll beds so we pulled over. They are nice fisher-price beds and then I saw these horses. They were $1 each! With a little elbow grease and Magic Eraser they are as good as new.

4 comments:

desert mom said...

Great find. I love it when someone else's discards become treasures to me. Oh, when I saw that bite on the arm I thought imediately of a case that was in the news just the other day. This father in El Paso was arrested for abuse because he bit his child trying to teach the child not to bite. The evidence of abuse was the bite mark on the childs arm. I haven't heard any more about the case. Good quick thinking to put the girls into the tub. Playing in water does wonders.

Adam & Jetta said...

Sister love! Are those horses large enough for them to sit on? That's pretty fun!

Becky said...

You know that magic erasers are the #1 cause of death for children under the age of 5, right? Ha ha. I think I've received that annoying email forward a bazillion times. Congrats on the good buys. :)

Laurel said...

Cute horses. My kids are at it, too, sometimes this summer. My trick is to put them in their own rooms by themselves if they can't be nice to each other. They get bored pretty quickly and decide they'd rather get along. Bickering drives me nuts!

Sorry about the biting. It shall pass!

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."