Friday, June 20, 2008
Strawberries, summers gift!
Yesterday the girls and I had a great day out at grandma and grandpa's! Their strawberry crop has come on strong and we love fresh warm strawberries. (sorry I don't have pictures, I forgot our camera battery in Cali.) Going to my parents house is always so nice. The girls are comfortable and have anything to do that they want to. Since they have 6 acres I don't have to worry about them playing anywhere outside, and they freely let themselves in and out. We checked out the new Pilgrim Geese. They are so happy with all the rain because it made them a little lake of their own. Campbell bottle fed a baby sheep named Flick. My mom and I tried to chill in the hot tub. But these little girls were just too much fun. Campbell is fearless in the water. She just kept jumping in and screaming, not worrying about how much water was getting in her mouth and nose. She will be a great swimmer. James is able to hold her breath to go under water. She is so proud. While in the hot tub James and Campbell were pretending it was their house. James was telling us all about the animals that live in her house. She has a cat, a tiny turtle, a horse (a baby one) and a gay pig . . . that's what it sounded like. She was saying guinea pig, but in the hot tub it sounds like gay pig. Of course I was trying to get her to say it as much as possible and my mom and I were cracking up. I was relaying the story line of Northanger Abbey to my mom and James asked "Is that a movie?" I said it was a book I read but I think it is a movie too. She replied "I want to see that movie!" I don't know if I should take it as an early love of the Austen classics or a love of the dramatic. My dad and Bill came after work and we had a great evening. We have to enjoy the time we have being this close! We love Grandma and Grandpa's house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"What other people think of you is none of your business."
"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."
"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."

1 comment:
Sounds heavenly! I want 6 acres...I think. But then I'd have to take care of 6 acres. Hmmm...Can I just come visit and eat strawberries, too?
How is the house selling going?
Post a Comment