Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Alas, the fruit bowl is empty again.So, it's not really a fruit bowl. It is a beautiful pasta bowl that my wonderful sister in law, Elizabeth, gave us from when she lived in Italy. It is wonderful, I love it and to see it everyday we use it as a fruit bowl.

Many of you know that James can never get enough fruit to eat. The other day she grabbed a piece of fruit, took the sticker off, placed the sticker on the bowl and walked away. Bill was witnessing this for the first time. He asked her to please put the sticker in the garbage. Here is where I stepped in to tell him of our processes. My methods: I love that James puts the stickers on the bowl because then I can keep track of how many pieces of fruit she ate that day.

Bill was privy to this process and actually had a chuckle about it.
p.s. I watched a special on PBS the other day about bees and how if they keep decreasing in number we will be in trouble because 80% of our produce is pollinated. This will be a serious problem in our family. James might have to start learning how to hand pollinate.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Ha ha! I can just see James out there brushing blossoms with pollen!!!

Lisa said...

I wish I had better pictures. BUT - Oh! my gosh. I Have BEE"s!!!!!- I have had a little hive, that was going under my shed, next to the 50 gallon drum. well, one day I went down by the shed and all the bees had come out and covered the drum. I ran up and got the BEE guy. (mormon) and he came down and said "he had never seen anything like it before. He had to call his little BEE friends and get advise. He came back with bee boxes, with not 1 bit of bee gear on he scooped up with his bare hands. 5" thick piles of bees and moved them to the box. he then took off all the poles and junk on top of the 50 gal drum and turned it over. Well the bees had not been going under my shed. They build their home inside the drum. He ended up taking, four 5 gallon buckets full of honeycomb. He took the 50 gallon plus the boxes. I'll see if he can ship you some. but if he can't the girls can always move to CA & I can grow fruit.

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."