
Since I don't remember anything from my childhood. I don't remember what Sesame Street was like. But I watch plenty of it now. And for the last 4 years. All I have to say is that it is genius. Not just the letter and number teaching for the kids. But they do these spoofs. It's like a "little " Saturday Night Live. Just this morning I turn on the T.V. and there are 4 Grouches dressed up like knights. They start fighting. End scene. Guess what the geniuses at Sesame call it. Scramalot. I also watched Dr. Feel and Dr. Phil work over their differences and share a talk show together. Picture 4 potted plants outside an apartment window (probably in New York) talking to each other.
"I'm so thirsty!"
"It is so hot and I am just wilting!"
"I need the gardener to water me, I am just so thirsty!"
In comes the gardener with ripped off shirt sleeves and a watering can. He waters each plant and they swoon. This was the Desperate Houseplants.
And not only do they do spoofs, they get popular actors and musicians to perform. Like Faith Hill and Tim McGraw singing a song about sharing, Liam Neeson was a count and Norah Jones singing about the letter Y. What a fun job that would be to come up with all this genius!

5 comments:
Yay! I love Sesame Street! I'm glad your kids watch it. So many kids these days just watch Backyardigans and Sponge Bob! I love that they make SS funny for the parents too. I'm totally going to have PBS kids. I wish Mr Rogers was still around! I always watched that one as a kid. :)
I remember watching "the count" on sesame street when I was a kid...I guess I'll have to get re-acquainted with the show over the next few years! P.S. I got Mia's black and white outfit at the GAP.
Hello Erin, when is the big move, is it for Bills job? How is life. Hopefully we will be there before the move. Funny enough, my kids don't like Sesame Street! I do though.
I learned alot watching Mr. Rogers with Darwin. I loved the field trips. Too bad I didn't take the time to watch him with the other children. I would see bits and pieces of Sesame Street while doing my daily chores.
Please let us know how the move and job is coming along. Much Love!
Do you know what still gets stuck in my head sometimes? The pinball animation sequence that counted to twelve. Loved that!
Post a Comment