Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring! Is it really here?




When I woke up this morning I heard a bird chirping. Is Spring really here? I sure hope so. Mostly because I don't want ugly snowy pictures of the house when we are trying to sell it. And I am a little done with all the snow. The girls want to play outside and I want the girls to play outside. This weekend was busy, just like they are going to be until the move is over I am sure.

Happy St. Patty's Day. I am determined in this lifetime to get to Ireland, I mean, that is what my name means so I have to go there at least once! And there are beautiful landscapes like this:In celebration of St. Patty's Day I want to show you a picture of the original flooring in our bathroom. It is quite festive!
That's what it looked like 50 years ago. We were thinking of going back to original, but no. I think the new floor turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. We even got a new toilet, don't get me started, but it is smaller then the old one and now the bathroom is pretty much updated, but not totally finished yet.We made the new floor so you can play hopscotch. Pretty cool!

We had our ward Chili Cook Off on Saturday, which I was in charge of. It was great. I am always surprised by how many people come to our ward parties. There were at least 200. It was so much fun because we had a panel of judges that picked 3 winning chilies and then we had a people's choice winner. I made aprons for the winners (and forgot to take a picture) and my friend Kendra embroidered on the pocket this cute little sweating chili pepper and it said Milwaukee Ward Chili Cook Off. One of our Young Men won for Best Traditional Chili. The Young Women had a bake sale live auction at the end. It was lively and fun.

My girls were great as we were finishing up the bathroom. James found a home in the toilet box. Seriously she was in there for like 2 hours. Campbell asked me to tie this paper on her arm. I tried, just to show her it didn't work. Seconds later I see her working across the room. She had found some stickers and was trying to tape it on. I just had to laugh. I helped her with her cause and she was so happy. This one is crafty!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day! The bathroom is going to be great. When do you all plan on putting the house on the market? When is the big move? And what the heck is the name of the town you are moving to??

emily kate said...

Your girls are just so cute!!!

Heidi said...

Isn't it funny how kids love to make little nests for themselves?

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."