Sunday, March 2, 2008

All I can say is we are BEAT!

Yesterday was another whirlwind work on the house day. My parents and brother Luke were gracious enough to sacrifice a Saturday to our benefit. My dad and Luke worked on drywalling up all the things we have taken out: built in closets, doors, vents. It is great to not have gaping holes in my walls anymore. Bill installed our new front door storm door. It is beautiful. I love it. And Bill and Luke were able to build the other base cabinet for the kitchen. The fun part was that my mom and I got to go and find some great bargains. It all started last week when we went out to find the storm door. There was one on clearance and it happened to be the perfect color to match my shutters. It was less then I was planning on spending and it was a better door. Yesterday we went out to HOBO to find the sink. I was planning on just getting the regular stainless steel but they had a white cast iron sink that was less expensive. I am so excited to see it in place. It is beautiful! We also found an oven hood and faucet! I am done with all the purchasing! I will post more pictures when we get more finished. Now to begin a week of sanding and painting!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

What fun! Isn't it great when things start getting put back together. It is a ton of work though. By the way: I love your front door. It's adorable!

emily kate said...

Wow! That door really is beautiful!

desert mom said...

Perfect door. It was meant to be yours. Storm doors are great. Glad to hear you're getting your house fixed the way you want. Love Ya!

Heather said...

Cute door!

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."