I have accepted this new past time that makes getting things done around the house easier for me. Campbell, my little 2 yr old (almost 3!), can pretty much navigate her way around any web site. So, I often set her up on the computer playing Nick Jr., pbskids, starfall, up to ten or Polly Pocket. Some days as I walk by the computer I notice that she has figured out something new, like watching episodes of Go, Diego, Go or like this morning she had changed the language on the Polly Pocket web site to Danish. So she was playing Blomster Overraskelser instead of Flower Surprises. I guess she is trying to get back to her Danish roots. Such a smart little cookie. I enjoy hearing her yell new Spanish words back to Dora or Diego and she is really improving her fine motor skills. I know she will be typing in no time!
This age is so much fun because her vocabulary is really starting to take off. It reminds me of James at this age and it just blows us away the words she picks up and can apply in her conversations. I love children that communicate well! Yesterday at my mom's James was coloring and there were words to describe the simple pictures. I asked her what the word said and she was able to spell it out and then sound it out herself. I had no idea she already can sound out. So we will be working on reading! It is so exciting when they learn something new. Especially this HUGE, reading, it just opens up the world to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"What other people think of you is none of your business."
"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."
"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."

3 comments:
Little children are amazing, they're so smart, especially Grandchildren. I Love them all!!!
So cute! Have the girls played Club Penguin? My friend's sons love it.
Emily
I can't wait for my kids to read, wait, I mean, if I had kids... That is awesome!
Post a Comment