Thursday, November 13, 2008
What I have been up to!
My friend, Nancy, and I were asked to put together some inexpensive Christmas decorations and gifts for a Enrichment Activity at church. So here are some things that I made for it.


Campbell was invited to a Princess party and me, with no fore thought, did not get a costume around Halloween time. So I was left to my own devices. Our dress up clothes are totally used up and need to go in the garbage so I had to come up with something for her to wear. I started with a $1 T-shirt and used a couple pieces from a pattern I had.
The results!
Now, the bat costume. The easiest thing to make EVER! You take a black hooded sweatshirt, I used a picture of a bat to make a pattern for the ears and cut them out of black felt, double layered with fabric glue (or sew if you will be washing it in the future). Then hand sew to the top of the hood. The wings I cut out of black knit fabric (you could use fleece, too) so no need to hem the raw edge. Make them big enough for the wing span (the first set I cut out only went 90 degrees and she couldn't lift her arms all the way up). Then hand stitch along the seam under the arm and down the torso. Voila! Bat costume! Have fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"What other people think of you is none of your business."
"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."
"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."

6 comments:
Wow, cool projects! That Cinderella costume rocks!
Really nice Job on both the Princess dress and bat costume!! I can just see it already. James and Campbell in 11 plus years telling you they need a dress for their first date.
Nice Christmas projects too.
Good work, that is a great idea for the princess dress. We still don't have any princess dresses at our house and Avery really wants one. I might have to copy your idea.
Move over Martha! Wow!! And thanks for the pointers on the bat costumes. I've got to get those done this weekend.
You clever, clever girl! I wish I was that clever. I wish that I actually liked to sew. But I am a great admirer of those who are and do! Bravo. Five stars!
Wow you are very talented!
Post a Comment