I think I am a little of both! We have had so much going on lately and then the holidays are starting and wow! So, I will just list a couple things from our lives lately.
- James participated in the Math Bowl at school and was very disappointed that she didn't get a trophy. (A trophy for a 2 hour activity? Seriously?) So, we discussed how it is fun to participate and how it is not important to get a trophy. I had just finished talking to the mom of the boy who won in Kindergarten and she told me he is at a 2nd grade math level. Way to throw the curve!
- Also, with the weather change James has been having problems with her thumb sucking making her thumb all wrinkly and dry. It started cracking and it was just a mess. We have been putting a sock over her thumb all lotioned up at night and she told me this morning that she thinks she is done sucking her thumb! Like totally done! We are going to keep up the sock thing for a little while longer and hopefully she will be over it.
- Attempting to potty train Campbell. I know, she is 3, but she just really doesn't care. And my excuse is we have had a lot of change lately and do I really want to take on one more thing right now? Yesterday she was pretty successful. She likes wearing panties and diapers. Do not try to put pull ups on her! Hopefully it will happen before Christmas.
- I had the opportunity to accompany James and her whole school to a Ballet performance of The Snow Queen. The only problem was the teacher read a synopsis to the class before we went not knowing that we were only going to get to see the first half. The kids from James' class were pretty confused because we didn't see half the things the teacher talked about. I was impressed they were paying attention enough to be disappointed. (the other kidergarten kids put their coats on as soon as the curtain closed.)
- Bill has been busy with work. It is going to be like this for like the next three years because they are ramping up the new factory. Adding a new produciton line every three months. We love any time we get with him.
- We had family pictures taken. And when Bill and I both saw them we just thought we look so tired. I think it is just the reality that we are getting older. AHHH! I can't believe we aren't in our early 20's anymore! We do love the pictures, at least the girls are young and way cute!
- I am off to finish my cleaning and laundry and then make a pumpkin pie. James has a half day and my parents and Luke are coming down tonight for Thanksgiving. I am excited to watch Bill play some football tomorrow. (One of my favorite things! I wish I knew him in High School, when he was in his prime.) HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
ps I am so thankful for my family, immediate and extended! I wish we could see more of you. I really wish we could fly to Boston (where a group of my side will be for the holiday) and then to Phoenix (where a gathering of Bill's side will be). And I am thankful for all the blessings we have had in the last year. They are so many I will have to make a list sometime!
3 comments:
So, are the rumors true?:)
Thanks so much for the updates! Rumors, as in what? Baby #3? That's what "rumors" makes me think of... sorry to ask. :)
Happy Thanksgiving! I, too, am impressed that kindergartners could understand the ballet!!
Post a Comment