Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's over!

Oh, how we will miss you, our first little house! (stock photo, it doesn't look like this right now!)All the changes we made to you and how you always felt like home! Oh, how we will miss your tile floors (I don't think anyone knows what tile is here in Iowa, so we will be doing that again).
And the cozy feeling you provided for our little family. All of your storage space.And the big garage we loved.The huge Cottonwood in the backyard that put a tree swing in and we loved to swing on.
As you can tell, we sold our house last weekend. It is bittersweet. We really loved that house and we are happy to be moving on with our life's journey. The people who bought it were this cute little couple that have only been married for a year. I'm just happy to know that they appreciate it, and hopefully will love it as much as we did. Now, we are no longer home owners. The search begins!

On another note, Campbell had fun at her princess birthday party. It took bribing with sparkly lip gloss to get the dress on, and it came off as soon as she got home. Then James wore it for the rest of the day. So different!
We had so much fun at Grandma and Grandpa's for the weekend. Sunday morning Campbell was up bright and early to help with the farm chores. When I got up she was camped in front of the TV with her boots and sweatshirt on holding a chicken feather.
I said "Good morning farm girl."
To which she replied "I'm not a farm girl."
Me "Well, you have boots on and you are holding a chicken feather, so I would say you are a farm girl!"
Campbell "Oh, but these are my boots that I am going to ride Ruby on with Grandma!"
My mom is getting a horse, named Ruby, and Campbell is already looking forward to riding her. I think she is totally a farm girl!

8 comments:

brit said...

That picture of your house with the blossoms is spectacular. No wonder you were sad to leave. But house hunting is so fun (for a while until it becomes horribly stressful and terrifying... but you know that).

Preston and Rachel said...

Congratulations on selling your house! and, Talmage says to tell James "hi"

Emily Kate said...

Sad to move on but I'm sure it's also a relief. Love the story about Campbell!

Heather said...

No, way! They are really going to get a horse. That is so cool. And a million times better than getting a pig.

desert mom said...

Great news!! Congratulations on selling your cute home. We've been praying that it would find a new owner. My emotions built up as I saw the pictures and remembered all the work you put into the house. And memories of your first home are so deep. It is always exciting to look to the future, happy journey.

I was like Campbell...give me levis and boots and I was happy.
Love to All

Becky said...

It really was a great house, wasn't it? It'll be fun to watch the home buying process when that time comes again. :)

I missed you while I was away this week. I need an Erin fix!

Laurel said...

Wonderful! Congratulations on selling the house. I know that was a long haul! Happy house hunting!

Heidi said...

Congrats on selling the house! I'm sorry you had to leave all that work behind.

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."