Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sleep, child, sleep!

I don't think Campbell understands the importance of sleep yet. James has always been such a sleeper. Bill says that James is more like him and Campbell is more like me. These pictures were taken at 10 o'clock at night. Campbell had spent 3 hours making noise, intermittent crying, and peaking her head out of the bedroom door until she finally just came out and sat on the couch. We usually don't give in. But she is so dang cute! Especially when she is so tired and loopy. Last night she was pulling the same tricks. I went in and talked to her a little about how she needs to go to sleep. Then I started humming her a song. She asked to be in her bed and if I would sing "Wheels on the Bus" (her favorite bed time song, I think because it has so many verses, or the repetition helps her fall asleep). After I was done I tucked her in and she fell asleep, not right away but she didn't make any more noise. I hope this works every night.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Griffin is a little like that. If he doesn't wake up at least once in the night, we are thrilled! But I'm a total meanie mom in this department. Mostly because I need the quiet time. Sanity now!

Heather said...

Campbell's hair looks so blond, have you guys been out in the sun a lot? Is Bill holding an IKEA bowl? We have the same ones.

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."