Thursday, May 8, 2008

Goat Sitting

Yesterday we were goat-sitting for a little while. My mom's goat, Lemony, had to have a c-section because her little boy (pictured here) was "a little huge" to quote James. He was 10 lbs something and normal goat babies are more like 6. I'm sure some of you can relate. He's not even 24 hours old yet in these pictures. My sister Heather also sent the girls some presents, this is them opening them. The goat didn't stay in the box for long. He was so good and stayed in the kitchen except when he started following James around the house. No accidents though! The cat was scared of the goat. It was hilarious. Jr. Dr. Dolittle. The girls each feeding the goat in their own way. Here's Campbell being herself. A little clown! She loves to make people laugh, she gets it from her dad! James was trying to get the goat to suck on her finger. I had to post some pictures of our yard right now. I love the magnolia tree. And all my bulbs came in this year.

9 comments:

emily kate said...

SO cute! The girls, and the goat! How fun. And I'm jealous you have a Magnolia tree. We saw those all over in NY and I love them. I never see those in Utah!

Laurel said...

Oh, I love tulips. I miss tulips. Stupid desert plants!

Goat sitting? You are a saint. Bet your girls LOVED it!

Becky said...

Ya know how so many people author a list of "101 Things I Must Do Before I Die"? Well, your post just made me stop and contemplate adding "goat-sitting" to mine.

I love the quaint little lives you lead. I must add that this blog is such a great record of all the fun family experiences that your girls are having--hopefully they'll look back with gratitude when they're older. :)

Quists said...

Hi Erin! Uh, how long ago did I say I would call you?! I'm embarassed. I have been following your blog though... you and your lil' family are so cute. I love your daughter's haircut too! I want a pet goat now. HA HA! I hope you are all doing well.

Heidi said...

I want a goat! Will it eat the grass in my backyard?

Heather said...

Those goat pictures are so cute. The cat and goat look like they are kissing. Campbell is a hoot. Your red tulips look so good against the white background of your house.

The Marshall Family said...

First of all, I LOVE YOUR HOME!!! I also love this time of year when everything starts to blossom. It is so pretty. Way too cute on the goat too. That is so funny to see a goat in the kitchen!

Becky said...

We have a newsflash and I think it fits well with this post: Jenny had her baby tonight and it was ELEVEN POUNDS, EIGHT OUNCES! You may inform James that the baby was a LOT huge. :) Thank goodness for c-sections.

tinybubbles said...

Your house looks PERFECT for selling! What a great time of year to sell. It looks really cute.

Poor Lemony! I hope she's doing o.k.

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."