Thursday, March 5, 2009

Where have I been?

It's like I already fell off the face of the Earth and the baby isn't even here yet.

Last weekend we had some of our best friends come to visit. We had a blast with the VerCautren's and it is always fun to get the girls together. James and Jenna are 6 weeks apart. Amanda and I worked at the bank together in Illinois for years. Now, we neither work there and we both have two girls (ours soon to be three!). Even though it was freezing we trekked out to the Maquoketa Caves. It was beautiful and fun to get out of the house. We couldn't go into any of the caves because the bats are hibernating. Maybe we should have brought our bats from the rental house to live in the caves!
Jenna has always been taller then James. Her dad is over 6 feet tall (like 6'4" or something) but it is always fun to see how they grow. Sometimes they are almost the same height, not this time.
The little girls! After the caves we went out to Bluff Lake for dinner. It is a local hot spot that specializes in fish fry. It was BUSY. We got there at 4:20, the place opened at 4, and we waited about 50 minutes for a table. I think we will have to go back on their all you can eat ribs night. In the summer I'm sure that it is just breathtaking, there are ponds on three sides of the building. We saw some deer as we were driving home.

2 comments:

brit said...

Sounds like fun. Cute pics of your girls!

Heather said...

That does sound like a lot of fun.

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."