I was getting to the point where I was feeling really comfortable. I felt like I had things under control. We were settling nicely into our house. We like the community. The cat wasn't running around scared anymore. Then we tried to go to Storytime at the Library. I knew that James would really love it. She really misses Preschool. She hasn't said anything but I can tell. We make it to story time and sit down on the ground in the back. There were like 25 kids there. I was totally surprised. Campbell wanted to sit in a chair and I told her no that the kids sit on the floor. The story starts and the kids are enthralled. Then something happens with Campbell. She's not being quiet anymore. I try to calm her, no go. So I take her out in the hallway to talk to her. Another little kid came and sat in the chair that I told her she can't sit in, so she wants it. I tell her she can sit on my lap, next to James or on another chair. But we all know Campbell, right? Those choices are not it. She is determined. We go back in and she tries to take the chair from the poor kid. So I take her back out, she is crying now, so we go in the bathroom to not make too much noise. By the time I get her calmed down we go back in and James is sitting there quietly crying with a frantic look on her face. All parental eyes glaring at me. I get her and we leave. 2 blocks later we are home. James and Campbell settle in to watch some TV and 2 minutes later Campbell is asleep. That was it! The big problem was she was tired. I think we are starting a new schedule here and maybe that will include a nap for Campbell. (she stopped them about 5 months ago.) We will try again next week for story time. We might make it to the caves today (picture above). I have been really wanting to go. This area has natural limestone caves. We'll let you know how it goes. Tonight is a parade for the County Fair. We are thrilled. The parade takes place 2 blocks from our place. Can't wait to take the girls to the fair.

5 comments:
Way to jump right in and explore! I'm amazed that you have such a beautiful cave...in IOWA, no less. :)
That's a cool cave. Very Tom Sawyer-ish.
Sorry about story time. Kids!! What can you do?
I need your new number...call me! I love the thought that you are only 4 hours away!
When I was a kid we didn't get candy thrown to us at parades. I loved being where all the excitment was. It was fun too to be in the parade. Home town parades are so much fun.
Isn't it exciting to move to a new area. So much to see and learn about. Have fun.
Determined to get the chair huh? Who does she get that from?
How are you liking your new place?
Post a Comment