We have noticed a couple odd things at our Wal-mart here. I already told you about the honor system refreshment station. And there is an isle of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. Seriously. The only other Wal-mart that I have seen something weird like that in stock was at the ghetto Wal-mart in Milwaukee that had an isle of bleach. A whole isle! I don't know what you do with bleach to have a whole isle of it. But I noticed lots of the customers had one or two gallons in their carts. Campbell and I were at our Wal-mart here looking through some clearance curtains. We stumbled upon a grasshopper. A real live, BIG grasshopper. Campbell was enchanted and played with the little guy. I was a little startled and wondered what else we might find.
Then a couple days later we all ran to Wal-mart after dinner and while we were walking down the first main isle something was flying in front of us. We collectively decided it was a bird. Weird, a bird in Wal-mart. Then it came flying back to us and we see that it is really a bat! This poor little bat was scared to death flying around trying to find a way out. We just chuckled it off and kept shopping. It made the trip fun though because you could hear where the bat was flying by the screaming people.
Weird right? We were telling our house guest, Heather, about it when she was visiting earlier this week. That night she was reading on the couch and Bill and I had gone to bed, then we hear her saying "Your cat is chasing something in the basement, it's either a bird or a bat." Sure enough we all tromp down to the basement and there is a scared little bat hanging on the ceiling with the cat waiting patiently to catch it.

Bill opened the cellar doors and tried to shoo it out, but it just flew around. Heather, the brave, grabbed a broom and actually caught it while it was flying, but it would take off too fast to get it outside. Bill eventually scared it into a hole in the wall and we couldn't find it anymore. Hoping it found a way outside, we went to sleep.

The next day I kept watching for it in the house. No bat. That night as we were getting ready for bed Bill came upstairs, shut the door behind him and said "Don't go down there." The bat had migrated to the main floor. We spent the next 30 minutes trying to get it out the front door, then trying to get it out of the front porch. Bill was successful and the little guy could fly home. I think our cat was a little disappointed. And I learned that I don't like things flying around my head, I guess I don't love bats as much as I thought I did: )
5 comments:
I'm glad to hear you got the bat out :). Cute as he was, I wouldn't want him in my home either.
All the ranch on the isle is the same brand? I think that might be worth travelling to see.
Also, I saw a bird in Fred Meyer's yesterday. Weird.
I saw a bird in Target once. Bats are scary! Jacob has some story about a bat in your old house in MN.
Yikes! That's in reference to the bat AND the walmart!
Just had to come back and tell you about our excitement while Aunt Cynthia and Uncle Dallas was visiting. By the way we had a wonderful time. We were just sitting at the table and all of a sudden Aunt Cynthia shrieks and points to the fireplace and says, "a lizard just fell down your chimney" Well, we opened the front door and ushered him out. Life is exciting with it's adventures. Love to all
Post a Comment