Sunday, August 24, 2008

Minniesoooota

We'll start off with this picture. Here is Bill laughing his head off. If you ever get to witness him in this state it is quite wonderful, eyes watering and everything. He was laughing at something I said that just brought out my egocentricities. It was a weekend full of those:) Here is Beans on the way home. She was tired. So so tired. Soon she looked like this . . . (next picture)
We went up to Minnesota this weekend because it was my 10 year High School Reunion. Karissa said she felt like we were the girls from Romy and Michele's High School Reunion. Only we were boring because our lives are so normal, married, kids, career (for Karissa) and we look basically the same as we did in High School. Ten years didn't do too much to us!I cheated because I still haven't unpacked everything. The picture of Karissa and me is really from the summer following our Freshman year at college. But we basically look the same: )

Here are the girls. They had fun playing with Karissa's little girl Sienna. She is hilarious. I don't know if I have met a person with so much gumption: ) She can get you to do just about anything she wants you to. And then she says Thank You! She's a charmer.

9 comments:

mama bird said...

Hey Erin,
I've just been catching up on your blog. So glad you found a nice place to live in and are starting to get settled into your new 'small' town. The girls look like they've adjusted pretty well. You have a great way of letting us into your life through your writing and it's fun to see how you are!
By the way, 10 years? Wow! Where does the time go?

Heather said...

Cool. I can't wait to hear more about the reunion. You look really nice.

Heather Dawson said...

You really haven't aged in 10 years!! How did you do it??
I'm glad you got to go to your reunion. I had to miss mine and completely regretted it.

desert mom said...

Love to see people laugh like Bill is in that picture. So sad to see Campbell unhappy. A little sleep helps.

I think 10 years has made you more beautiful then ever. Glad you were able to attend the reunion.

Love to all

Quists said...

I am glad I got to see you and your lil' family briefly after church. Your girls are just as darling as I imagined them. I am glad I got to see a little bit of the "pretending" side of them when I got "meowed" at. :) I hope your drive home went well, and I hope to see you all again soon! By the way, I loved the Elphaba thing that James did- what a fun girl!

The Roderick Family said...

How long was that drive? Your kids must be great in the car. I guess maybe when they have enough sleep. My new favorite invention is the portable DVD player!

Da Ilaoa's said...

So you actually went to your 10 yr reunion. Mine is 5 hours away and I didn't go, Aaron said there was no way he was going to his. You do look great. I thought that second picture of the two of you looked like Ricks days. And Bill does not look a day older. I miss his laughing fits!

The Marshall Family said...

You look GORGEOUS!!! wow, mine is in November, I can't wait. It will be fun, but probably not too much change here as well (except I will be fat from just having a baby!)

Reed said...

I won't comment on Bill laughing (and that you neglected to mention exactly what you said/bought that drove him into fits)...what I will ask is why you called you daughter 'beans'...you are aware of the Wicke history...and how 'beans' played a large roll, aren't you? :)

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."