I just have to say that we have had just a couple produce incidents. I guess they could be understandable, but I come from the thought that if you don't know what it is just ask. The first the cashier did ask. She held up my artichoke and said "What is this?" Then she commented that they are pokey. Today took the cake. I noticed that my cashier rang up potatoes. It was at the end of the transaction and it wasn't more then $1 so I let it slide, knowing I didn't buy anything that would be more then that. As the girls and I were walking out to the car I was going through my purchases in my mind trying to pin point these "potatoes". Then it hit me. We bought kiwi. Otherwise known as potatoes around these parts.

6 comments:
that's funny! i am amazed when i go into walmart sometimes and cashiers will question my produce. my personal favorite:
cashier: what in the world are these things?!
me: ummm...corn on the cob.
weird.
tracy
It's a little-known fact that kiwi can often be substituted for potatoes in casserole recipes. Give it a try and let me know what your outcome is. :)
Wow, I was even confused reading about it. I guess you are lucky that the produce guy at least knows what to stock so that you can get "exotic" fruits and vegetables in rural Iowa.
Genius!
Classic!
Post a Comment