Friday, August 15, 2008

Busy busy bee!

The Iowa sky when we were leaving.

Monday I got a phone call from the moving company asking if we could be able to move the rest of our stuff on Tuesday. Um, sure. So the girls and I took off Monday night to drive up to my parents so I could be there for the movers on Tuesday. It was a crazy trip. The girls were great in the car and they stayed awake the whole 3 hours. We left at 6:30 and got to my parents at 9:30. They were a little loopy by the time we got there. They had some pretty crazy stories going. Campbell has a cow that makes chocolate milk. Her name is Chocolate Milky Milk and she flies. She was following us to Grandma and Grandpa's house. She also had another cow that made ham. Then they were bats. James was a fruit bat and Campbell was a shark bat that eat sharks and fish (don't know where she gets this stuff).
This is a typical sighting at my parents house. These cute little frog stick up on the windows. The girls love looking for them. This picture is from the inside of the house.
Here they are from the outside. They are way up there.
On Tuesday when I was supervising the packing and loading of all our earthly possessions my mom was spoiling the girls. James got off with a truck and horse trailer along with some new horses.
Campbell got a new backpack with wheels so she can go on trips now. She asked if we could go on an airplane now that she has her own wheelie bag, like James. She was disappointed when we got in the car to drive home and I told her we weren't going on an airplane to get home. She also got a new horse that has a bikini top, shoes, hat and sunglasses. Just what a horse needs.

The packers showed up at 8 and the movers at 9. They were done by 1 that afternoon. It was so much faster then me doing it all! Thanks Heather for inviting me to lunch, I really needed to get out of the house for a little while with all the stress of the packers and movers. I got back to my parents house around 4:30 pm after cleaning the entire house, except the hall closet that I forgot about until I was half way to Iowa. We ate some dinner, I took a shower and we were on the road again because the movers were showing up at our house in Iowa at 7:30 am. I really tried to get them to come later but they had more people to move. I was so wiped out that I could just sit on the couch and answer questions about where to put things when the movers were bringing everything in. My mom came down later in the day and helped me get things set up and out of boxes. It feels more permanent now.

Well, we are here now. With everything. Anyone is welcome to come visit anytime! We would love to have you.

7 comments:

Emily Kate said...

Wow! Sounds like a crazy couple of days! Glad it's all over. Your girls are so imaginative!

The Roderick Family said...

WOW! You are brave! Thank heavens the drive is manageable. Don't you love having your stuff though?

tracytreehouse said...

maybe we should set up a road trip sometime...?

Heidi said...

Glad you're all settled. Tell Campbell that in one of my apartments the Chocolate Milk Fairy visited on the 13th of every month. Why does a horse need a bikini top??

Preston and Rachel said...

That is exciting that you are all moved, but sad also. I wish that we would have been able to see you guys again before you left. Talmage keeps reminding me that he didnt get to tell James good-bye. You will have to let us know when you are going to be back this way sometime.

Laura said...

Are you serious about visitors? Kennedy keeps asking for you and the girls!!!

Reed said...

mmm cows that make chocolate milk and ham...now that's a glorious and useful creature...I'll take two.

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."