Monday, January 7, 2008

Skating on ice.

Flashback, 1989. My mom made my ice skating outfit. So cute! Little Jacob and my wonderful Grandpa Bell. Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Doesn't she look just like her mom? And so sassy, strike a pose!

James has been asking for a long time to go skating. And since we live right across the freeway from a National Ice Center it was about time we went.
( I could have titled this "The Greatest Uncle Ever")
Luke, James and I got our skates and hit the ice. James, of course, was an expert because she had watched a Caillou show where he learned to skate and because she is a first child. So, the first two rounds she was commentaring on technique. She was so good. We couldn't get her off the ice for 2 hours! I haven't been skating in so long that I was aching to just take off and whip around the rink a couple times. I told her I wanted to go in the fast lane so Luke can take her around a couple times. She said that she was fast, so we went for a spin. She was really good, but falling at faster speeds hurts. That's when I handed her off to Luke.

Whoa!
Whoa!Whoa! . . . okay!

3 comments:

Emily Kate said...

Luke's so good with the kids! I bet it'll be fun for you to have him close by now!

And Jacob's pretty darn cute in that picture. :) I had fun seeing some pictures of him as a kid at your grandma's house.

Also, your girls are adorable on Christmas. Love the book choices. The Olivia books are some of my favs, especially the Christmas one! You should check out Fancy Nancy. I bet James would love it!

Laurel said...

Well, it is good to know that I can learn how to skate from Calliou. That sounds so much easier than trying to find an ice arena here in Mesa!

That is hysterical that she is an instant expert. Logan is a lot like that. 1st child syndrome?

Looks like you had a great Christmas. According to our kids it was "THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!" Gotta love that enthusiasm.

Heidi said...

Tried to comment...Guess it didn't work. Here's 2nd try!
It looks like your family had a fabulous Christmas. I bet the girls are in love with their new "babies." Why is a baby that wets so appealing when you're young?

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."