Friday, June 5, 2009

a picture is worth a thousand words


Our little Taite is growing up so fast. She is 9 lbs. 11 oz. and 22 1/2 inches long. She is getting pretty good at smiling. And still pretty good at sleeping. The diaper explosions we could do without, but she is a Wicke.

In the last couple weeks we have had a few things going on. We went up to Wisconsin to spend a relaxing weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's. They are building a tree house, which is going to be sooooo cool! The girls had fun cleaning out the playhouse, riding the horse and pony, playing in the hot tub and just loving being at the grandparents house.

Bill had a birthday. He wanted cinnamon rolls instead of a cake or pie. We played with sparklers too. Campbell picked out a remote control FJ Cruiser (it was the blue car, that is why she picked it) and James gave him a rocket kit. Bill used his birthday money to buy a remote control airplane.
On my birthday my friend Ruth and I took the kids to the Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium. It was fun.
The big 2-9! Yikes!

James had her last day of kindergarten. She loves her teacher Mrs. Hepker. But is so excited to be a first grader.
I think this is going to be our new tradition on the last day of school. Banana Splits!
We have had many nice days to get the slip'n'slide out. The girls love playing in the water.Here's to more summer fun. I need to take some pictures of the garden. Things are starting to grow!

7 comments:

brit said...

I have been 29 for several months now so I am going to give you a little advice, it is just exactly like 28 which is how I feel with every birthday and I wonder how it is that my life is so different from when I was 16 (thank goodness!).

Heather said...

I've been 29 for a few years now.....It's a good age.

Taite is soooo pretty! I thought that Campbell looked a lot like James, but there is something different about Taite.

tinybubbles said...

Happy Birthday to you and Bill! Taite is so beautiful! I want to hold that sweet little thing! Can you e-mail me your address...Mia got a hold of the paper that had your address written on it and now I can't find it!

Hamilton Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOU! By the time I had a minute to get to the phone it was a decent time (for us but not for you!). You would have killed us! Anyway, Taite is getting so big. It is hard to imagine that Britt was 9# 12 oz. when he was born. Looking at Taite I just don't know how I got that little Big boy out! She is so cute! Another princess indeed!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

brit said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Isn't my ring a little like yours? I couldn't remember for sure but I was inspired by my memory of your ring.

desert mom said...

Great pictures---all of them!!!
My favorite ice cream favor is the banana split. Yummy!
Love to All

Da Ilaoa's said...

What a fun and busy time for you guys. I always think of you on your birthday but dont realize its because its your birthday. Mayb its cause Im getting old.

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."