Taite would not go to sleep. She is usually so wonderful and I can even put her in her crib awake, just turn on Baby Tad and she nods off to dream land. Sometimes, like a night last week, she just needs someone to talk to for a little while. We had her in our bed, so I could do some reading and she could feel the comfort of her parents as she fell asleep. Well, she wasn't. She was talking. Bill chatted with her for about 5 minutes (her talking mostly), then he told Taite that he was going to sleep and he rolled over. I kept reading for about 2 minutes and then checked on her, and she is asleep! Transfer to her crib and all is well.
Last night none of this worked. I resorted to the newborn tactics of rocking her swaddled with her pacifier. No go. So, I let her lay on the couch while I watched some reruns of Sex and the City while eating a *small* bowl of Rocky Road. After a couple episodes she was still awake. I knew she had to be exhausted. Into the swing she went and soon after she was finally asleep. I crawl to bed around 1 AM. The next thing I hear is Campbell screaming, it's just what she does. As I stumble to her room I notice the clock, 2:30. Yipee! Usually if she is crying in the night she needs to go to the bathroom. I blindly get her out of bed to feel wetness. I kneeled in it and her sheets are soaked. I get her in the bathroom, grab a towel and head back to the mess. After I clean up the floor and get the wet sheets off her bed I go looking for new clothes. That's when I remember I had done laundry, just hadn't gotten around to putting it away. I grab some of James' clean clothes since Campbell was out. Head back to the bathroom and get Campbell cleaned up, grab a new sheet and take her back in the bedroom. The lights have to remain off because I cannot wake James or risk waking the baby down the hall. As I re-sheet the bed in the dark Campbell somehow is always where my arms are going. I have her sit down next to the door, far enough away that I won't hit her while dressing the bed, in the dark. Luckily when I place her in her bed she peacefully falls to sleep instantly. (this morning she has no memory of the entire event!) As I get back into bed I tell Bill that I am calling in sick.
He doesn't even flinch in recognition.
And when I wake at 8 AM (miracle of miracles none of the kids were awake yet), I don't even remember Bill kissing me goodbye as he left for work.
Conclusion: Three kids = complete exhaustion all around!
***correction: I did wake up to feed Taite sometime around 6 AM, I just don't remember all of it. And I am thankful that she somehow ended up back in her crib asleep. I really don't remember how that all happened.***
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"What other people think of you is none of your business."
"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."
"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."

2 comments:
I only smile because that stiry seemed to happen every night for me. Elise had enormous problems waking up in the night to pee and with accidents and all I would hiss "don't wake up the baby!" Now that I'm not nursing I love to sleep and Elise seems to have gratuaded out of her issues too. Yea! Hang in there it only gets worse.
I think you are so lucky that no one else woke up when you were taking care of the wet bed.
Post a Comment