I just have to start by telling you about today. About a month ago a friend of mine told me about getting Wicked tickets for $20, they aren't great seats, but you still get the experience. My mom and I really wanted to take Bill and my dad. We jumped on the opportunity and got the tickets. Last Thursday I was talking with Bill about going to Wicked and he said "oh yeah, what day is that again?" I knew that something was up. "Wednesday" "Didn't I tell you how I am going to Iowa next Wednesday?" No. We had been super busy and hadn't seen each other for a while (meaning over 14 hours) so we hadn't caught each other up on the happenings. My mom tried to make me come up with a friend who could come. I couldn't think of anyone I knew who hadn't seen it like 40 times already, lived close enough, or could scramble with such short notice. I had wanted to take James the first time I saw it, I just wanted her to be older. But what a lucky girl now! Fast forward to Sunday night (have I told you that my brain is like walking through mud right now, it is slow as molasses). I talk to my mom and she has an infected tooth. Since my brain is so slow I didn't even think about how this would affect our Wicked trip. It was going to be so fun Grandma, Grandpa, me, and James. Monday she goes to the dentist
and endodontist and oral
surgeon. They put her on antibiotics and told her to get better "or else" they have to extract her tooth. As of yesterday she wasn't doing better. So, now it looks like James and I might do the big city all by ourselves. If anyone reads this and is close enough, give me a call. Two tickets to Wicked tonight at 7:30.
To start the day off right, I was having weird dreams that were so vivid. Bill woke me up to say goodbye before he left to Iowa. (I wish I was going with him, he tried that angle "Come to Iowa and then we can drive to Chicago and see Wicked" but I just want to see where we are moving.) Bill knows that I check my blogs and email every morning. So he left this cute note on the computer for me. It said all this great stuff like he thinks I am wonderful, a good mom and wife (all the stuff you need to hear, he's good like that sometimes). Here's a little excerpt
Well, we are about to start a new chapter in our lives. What an adventure it will be. There is no one else who I would want to be with.
How thoughtful he was! And the sun is shining. What a great day. I am totally excited to go to Chicago with James. I am just trying to figure out what we are going to do before the show. My girls have been so wonderful lately. They are at the age where they play together really well. They started this new thing where they run full speed at each other from across the living room and hug. James holds Campbell up off the ground and then they both fall over laughing hysterically. It's cute. I'll let you know how Chicago is tomorrow! If I can wake up.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, how fun! I want to come! :) That's such a sweet note from Bill!
Whaddaya think? I could spontaneously hop on a plane again. :)
Broadways huh? If James is as cool as her mom, I can see her jumping on stage to be in one some day. Hey, that sweet side of Bill started in "The Grove" didn't it???
It was "the lounge" Liz, "the lounge". With our secret ingredient, lemon juice! And yes I do think it started there!
Post a Comment