Monday, April 14, 2008

holes in the knees

Today James successfully broke through her first pair of jeans. When I picked her up from Preschool she said "mom, I have holes in my jeans." And sure enough, she does!
Sometimes I just need to be brought back down to earth when I am thinking about how wonderful my kids are. The other day I noticed that James had placed this bath toy on a mirror in her room. I asked her what it was. She replied "The Reflection House and my polly pockets live there." Me, totally impressed, asked her what they did there. She said that they reflect. The next day I caught part of a movie she was watching and found out where she got the idea of Reflection House. Check out the Mariposa, there is a reflection cave.
Last week we made a cake for Spring. The girls loved it!
James made glasses out of pipe cleaners. One pair for her Webkinz Ribbit and a pair for Campbell. Harry Potter-esque.
My wonderful Grandma, the girls Great Grandma Bell (James calls her Special Grandma, I think because she lives in California and James loved it when we visited.), has Alzheimer's disease. She recently started quilting again to keep herself active. With help from my aunt and cousins she has made quilts for all the grand kids that didn't receive one when they were born. Campbell was so excited to get a package. And she loves the blanket so much she wouldn't even look up for a picture! Thanks Grandma!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Super creative kids. I don't think Logan could make a pair of eyeglasses out of pipecleaners yet. Heck! I'm not sure I could! And shoot, if James is anything like Logan, who loves to imagine she is a tiger, dog, wolf, etc., she will have holes in her knees for a long time. So far she is much harder on her clothing than her brother. What gives?

mama bird said...

I'm totally amazed James has lasted this long without ripping holes in her pants. My girls have ripped through so many pairs I can't even count them. Super cute glasses, nice cake and what a treasure the quilt will be.

tinybubbles said...

I LOVE the glasses!!! That's hilarious! Oh, and I want a piece of that cake!

Da Ilaoa's said...

The pictures are all too cute! I wish it hasn't taken this long for me to meet your little rascals. Do you make quilts too?

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."