When James first arrived she was a little purple.
But she always was happy, even when she woke up in the morning.
Then this started.
She started standing, but that thumb was still stuck in her mouth.

And when she got a new sister, the thumb stayed.
Even when giving headlocks, thumbkin is a staple.
Her sister opted for the pacifier, which I was able to take away.
So, if anyone has any advice on how to get rid of thumb sucking, we are looking for it. We have tried bribery (James is not tempted), threatening (she doesn't bat an eye) and the scare factor (she is too smart).
I can't complain too much though. She usually only does it at night, not even when she is scared.

She started standing, but that thumb was still stuck in her mouth.
And when she got a new sister, the thumb stayed.
Even when giving headlocks, thumbkin is a staple.
Her sister opted for the pacifier, which I was able to take away.
So, if anyone has any advice on how to get rid of thumb sucking, we are looking for it. We have tried bribery (James is not tempted), threatening (she doesn't bat an eye) and the scare factor (she is too smart).

4 comments:
I am no help in the thumbsucking arena. Neither of my kids would suck their thumb or take a binkie. I think it's because both would get in their way of incessant talking.
But I did want to say what a beautiful post about your sister. I can't imagine how difficult it is to lose someone in such a way. She was, and continues to be, a beautiful girl.
Have you tried duct taping all her fingers together?
Well I hate to say it but I was a finger sucker until I was a LOT older than james is. Ya, I know. It was the jewel barbie that finally got me out of it. I earned it. But another thing my mom tried was this nail polish that was NASTY tasting. It was made for nail biters and finger suckers. It would be something worth trying. Good Luck!
My sister Hannah did until 1st grade and her teeth are fine...she finally gave into bribery. I've heard of putting something on her thumb...its like a hot sauce type of thing.
Post a Comment