Heather tagged me. It is a fun one. It's about your significant other.
What's his name? William. But he goes by Bill. This was a serious problem when we first met because I had never known a Bill before. And it was the name that I used when telling a story about some guy that I didn't know, and they usually did something stupid. I found out I couldn't use Bob either because that is his dad's name. When relating stories to my roommates I would catch myself and correct that I wasn't talking about the new beau in my life, but some lame guy that I noticed that day.
How long have you been married? 7 1/2 years seems like a lifetime but feels like one day.
How long did you date? My dad likes to tell people that we dated for 9 months. I don't know if he realizes what he is implying. We didn't have our first child until we were married for 3 years. So the 9 months is just random. We met in September and were married in May.
How old is he? 30.
Who eats more? Me. It's kind of weird but he just doesn't need as much food as I do. He always protects his plate because he knows that I will finish mine first and start eating his. Luckily we have been consistent with the weight we have gained since we were first married.
Who said "I love you" first? I'm not sure. I do know that he kissed me first. He tried after we had a couple dates and I dodged. He later asked when will we kiss. My response was "Never". The big joke now is that "Never" means two weeks.
Who is smarter? Oh, what a question. In school he works harder on classes and retains more, but I could get just as good of a grade with less work and not the same retention. We definately think differently. He is very orderly and there is a "right way" to do things and I am more free spirited and will just get stuff done. He is often heard telling me that I do things the "hard way". This is because he will think about and analyze the best and fastest way, but it takes time for him to think these things out and I could have it done by the time he has the "best way" of doing it. Can you tell this is one of our issues?
Whose temper is worse? I have a shorter fuse but he has a bigger explosion.
Who does the laundry? Now, I do. When we were in school we both did.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Looking at the bed, I do. He always sleeps closer to the door.
Who pays the bills? I do.
Who cooks dinner? I do. I have tried to get him to and sometimes when I really can't or don't want to he will. He was raised in a household with very specific gender roles but he is not as strict.
Who drives when you are in the same car? He does usually because I can't stand his backseat driving, it's more like questioning. Why did you do it that way? Why didn't you ______? This he also inheirited from his father. Bill is a really good driver.
Who is more stubborn? Let me explain it like this: We have discussions over this and never come to a resolution.
Whose parents do you see the most? Mine, because we have always lived closer to them. The kids really want to see Bill's parents house because they have never been. Hopefully we will get to soon.
Who proposed? Well, we decided that we were going to get married over a romantic dinner at Taco Bell. But Bill did propose at my Great Aunt and Uncle's house with my roommates there. He had it all planned out and I had no idea. Over dinner he was going to drop his fork on the floor (this was the cue). I was in the middle of a heated discussion with my Aunt Colleen when the fork hit the floor. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him leave his seat, so I turned to him (kneeling on one knee) and ask "What are you doing?" Not what he was expecting but he followed through and asked me to marry him with the perfect ring.
Who has more friends? I do. I need to talk, it's one of those involuntary organs in my body, so I have to have lots of people to talk to.
Who has more siblings? Bill. He's from 11 kids and my family only has a measly 9.
Who wears the pants in the family? Me, meaning I come up with the ideas but we discuss everything together and make decisions together.
I want to hear the answers from Laura, Yohanna, and Heather. Tag!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"What other people think of you is none of your business."
"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."
"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."

3 comments:
Cool, I am so glad you did that tag. It was really interesting, even though I know you so well.
Loved that tag. So interesting to hear how the two of you interact. So funny. And from the sound of it, I'm guessing that you are both equally as stubborn. Just a guess.
I remember when you 2 started dating, good old computer lab days!
Post a Comment