Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's all coming together.

I have to post some pictures of my kitchen. Lots of you don't live near, so you will probably not have the chance to see my kitchen otherwise. I have been trying to get it together. I started the painting and the tiling like forever ago. For Christmas my brother in law Ben had my name. He is a great gift giver. I received this beautiful clock and it was a springboard for me to start decorating my kitchen. Bill and I went to Ikea in January and I was able to find some curtain material that I liked for the kitchen. I painted this door last week. In October at Super Saturday we started the project of The Living Christ picture. I was able to get myself to finish it so it could be hung in the kitchen. The colors go really well with my paint color. This is the light over the sink and I have to admit that I changed the light fixture myself. Now, if anyone is impressed then you really need to try stuff on your own, it is E-A-S-Y. (that is Kip's house you see through the window.) I really wanted something more for the only wall that doesn't have a window or door on it. I found these two wood carved things and I liked them. But they wouldn't work as brown so they got painted. Now I love them. I also found this tree print at Ikea and cut it down to fit the frame I had. Now, I have to let you know that I took all of these pictures yesterday and the whole sinus/ dizziness made them quite interesting. I had to straighten almost all of them before posting them. What do you do with a drunken sailor? That is how I feel. We will be hanging around the house till I am better.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh! So many things that I like!! The paint color, the light over the sink (I'm envying that one!) the wood cutouts (Yummy! They are awesome black), the window covering on the back door--well, I could go on and on! So cute! Way to go! I'm dying to see it all in person.

Heather said...

Wow, can I hire you to be my interior designer?

Heather said...

Wow, can I hire you to be my interior designer?

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."