Monday, August 29, 2011

James is 8!

On the morning of her birthday I snuggled in bed with James and told her about the day she was born. How she was so tiny and wonderful. Her cheeks were so soft and squishy. Her hands were so tiny. I brought up her hand to look at it. Yikes! It's not tiny anymore! She giggled and told me that she grew. I still can't believe it.

Our good friends passed on a Power Wheels that they no longer use. I think this picture is a flash forward 8 years. James drives it like a pro! (as you can see she is WAY too big for it and has to keep one leg off to the side while driving!)

We went out to dinner and got her ears pierced for her birthday. She was such a champ through the pain. Now she looks so grown up and stunning. Happy Birthday James we love you!

4 comments:

Jetta said...

wow! unbelievable. She looks beautiful.

Laurel said...

What a cutie! Happy birthday to James!! We let Logan get her ears pierced on her 8th birthday, too. She was sooo excited. Give your girls a hug for us.

Emily Kate said...

It's weird to me that she's 8. I remember the day she was born when Jacob called to tell me that he had a niece that shared my birthday. So glad she had a lovely day. :)

Quists said...

What a beautiful girl! I can't believe she's 8 already... time goes by too quickly.

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."