Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Taite's new tricks

Taite is almost 10 months old.  At her 9 month check up she was weighing in at 15 lbs. 8 oz. and she was 27 inches tall.  Tall and skinny.  Lucky girl.  Up until 9 months she didn't showing much interest in moving around on her own.  I guess she has enough "help" that she doesn't need to do it herself.  We knew she could roll over because she did it once or twice when she was six months old.  Not much since.  Around Christmas time my mom taught her to wave.  And when Maegan was visiting in early January she was coaching and practicing with Taite to get up on all fours. 

I am proud to announce that now she can get up on all fours by herself!  And just yesterday she figured out how to push back into sitting position.  The rolling over thing still seems like a surprise to her when it happens.  If she is on wood floor she can push herself backwards on her belly and she can spin around.  She has always been really good at throwing things.  That girl has an arm!  She is an expert at throwing her pacifiers out of her crib at bed time.  The other day I found one stuck between the bumper pads and the side of the crib.  She is feisty just like her sisters and I know that when she does start moving around on her own that we are in trouble! 

She loves the cats.  Always has.  They also love her.  Lately, I will call "here, kitty, kitty, kitty" to get them to come and play with her.  Taite is very good at meowing, it sounds just like the cats.  Last night she woke up an hour after we put her to sleep.  So, Bill and I took the opportunity to play with her. When we were playing with her she said "here, kitty, kitty, kitty."  I will get the video up as soon as I figure out how to.  She has such a great personality.  It is so funny getting to know her!  We love our little Taite!

5 comments:

Miner Famliy said...

Hey Erin -

Taite sounds so cute!! I can just imagine her saying "here kitty kitty". I noticed further down that you have a list of your favorite books and you are currently reading The Great and Terrible Beauty. Personally, that series is like the best I have ever read. Way better than any twilight book in the Twilight.

Gwyneth

Laurel said...

Yes, you are in trouble, I can attest to that. My little mister is into everything, and I have to watch him like a hawk. Even then last night he got the lid to the gallon of milk in his mouth (scary!) and today, besides pulling everything out of the bottom drawer smashed his fingers. I now remember that I do not like this stage for many reasons...and then he waves bye-bye and I forget again.

Aren't they the cutest things you've ever seen?

Unknown said...

Hey! I love that picture of your family!!! Can you please, please send me a 300 pdi file of it? Or can you send me a 5 x 7 pic? I would love to put it up on my wall!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quists said...

It seems like she was just born - where does the time go? She sure is a cute girl... so are her sis's. Unfortunately, Hazen has bad allergies to cats and now we're finding dogs. Ah!

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."