Friday, October 9, 2009

Just a couple stories.

I have to write these down before I forget them.

Bill: James what do you do at recess?
James: I play with Faith.
Bill: What do you play?
James: We play house. I'm usually the puppy or pet Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Me: Really?
James: Yeah, but Faith wants me to climb and I tell her that I just can't. (holding arms like a T Rex) My arms are just too short.

Campbell found a learning to write writing tablet, sat at the table and started writing the letter C. When I noticed I told her that is was great and then wrote out Campbell for her to trace. While tracing the second Campbell she said: Mom you made it too hard.
Me: What do you mean? You are doing great.
Campbell: It's too long!
Me: What? Your name? Well, we could call you Cam or Bell if you want something shorter.
Campbell: Dino isn't very long.
Me: Nope, dino is not very long.

Luckily she didn't ask me to start calling her Dino.

Back story: When Bill was younger he was called William. When he had to start writing his name he chose Bill because it was shorter to write. How much of who you are is in your DNA?

7 comments:

Lana Lou said...

I love James' "my arms are just too short"! TOO FUNNY! Your girls crack me up!

Becky said...

Clever and cute!

Brian and Martha said...

cute kids

Sonia Cole said...

Hey Erin! I haven't checked blogs in ages, but I read your most recent blog to Devon as he sat here watching tv and we both had a good laugh. We miss you guys alot! I can't believe your garden yield of tomatoes! I'm so jealous! Now that we're settled in our house here in Florida putting in a garden is on our to-do list. Taite is a beautiful name and I like the fact that her name means, cheerful or happy. That is pretty cool. Talk to you soon Sonia XXOO

desert mom said...

Cute stories, so glad you're writing them down.

Gosh, one learns a lot about their children after they leave home and when they have their own families. Never knew why Bill liked "Bill" rather than "William". Now I know. I don't blame him, Bill is easier to write. Maybe that's why I like "Dot"
My Love to all

Laurel said...

Those girls are funny. Cute stories!

Miner Famliy said...

Mom and Dad used to call me Becky, but the day before kindergarten started mom asked me what name I wanted to go by. I was mystified that I had two names! She wrote them both out for me "Becky" and "Rebekah". I chose Rebekah because it is LONGER. I thought longer was prettier, and I wanted to be pretty.

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."