Monday, July 13, 2009

Pictures to come soon.

We have been having such a fun summer. Bill had the 3rd off from work so we went up to my parents house for the weekend. We had fun at the farm, like usual. Friday night Bill and I took advantage of my parents babysitting and went out to Indian food with our friends Adam and Laura. Saturday the 4th we went to a parade where the girls got lots of candy, we saw some WWII fighter jets (I think that's what they were), Taite napped and we had fun. Then we grabbed our swimming gear and headed to the ward party on the lake. Campbell liked swimming and James liked jumping on the trampoline and swinging on the rope. A friend of the family was talking with us. I will try to paraphrase the conversation.

Ann: You girls are so big and looking so smart!
Campbell: I am smart.
Ann: Oh, yes you are. (with a little giggle)
Campbell: And . . . and (everyone waiting with bated breath) and I am clever.
She is a girl who knows who she is and what she wants!

Later in the evening we went to a lake close by to watch the fireworks. We forgot about all the misquitos in Wisconsin. It was a wonderful night and a great celebration of this free country we live in.

My dad was leaving to go to India for some work, so the girls and I decided to stay with Grandma for a couple more days. Bill had to go back to the grindstone. We picked strawberries, made jam, went to a movie, rode the pony and horse and played in the "hot pool" (hot tub in Campbell language). Some great friends of ours also came out to visit. James, Campbell and Kennedy had fun playing Polly Pockets while Laura and I had time to chat to our hearts content. It was wonderful to have a girls afternoon.

Once I get my five million pictures uploaded I will post again!

No comments:

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."