Friday, February 20, 2009

A Classic.


When Bill and I were dating he told me that he liked to watch documentary movies. This brings to my mind movies along the lines of National Geographic. Which I love. Later I discovered that documentary was used very loosely. It translated to movies like Braveheart and Last of the Mohicans. As we later delved into the discussion of movies I found out that he had never seen My Fair Lady. A classic for sure. And he is even a proud lover of Audrey Hepburn. I have brought it up randomly but we have never gotten around to watching the movie together. Boy, did I have no clue what I was in for. Last night as we were flipping through channels he stopped on TCM because he saw her. (she is quite gorgeous!) From the start he was enthralled with the movie. He likes the angle of the story line and I had NO idea how hilarious it would be to him. It was entertaining just to watch him watch the movie. It really makes my week to see my loved ones so happy and enjoying life.

6 comments:

Allison said...

That is totally funny!! I read it to Bryan and he just started laughing! So no promises Bill won't get teased for having a thing for Audrey Hepburn!!

Becky said...

Next step is to educate him that "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is more than just a song from the 90s. :)

Heather said...

Now I want to see it again. There are so many good quotes from that musical.

pawlowski said...

That is so funny. John was the same way. He never watched old movies until he met me, and he really enjoys them. Audrey Hepburn is so fun to watch.

brit said...

That has been my favorite since I was a little girl. I still get the songs in my head.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I am a huge fan of hers too. I am always watching her movies as Nathan watches something else and then all of a sudden he has plugged in with me and we watch it togther.
It is awesome.

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."