Tuesday, August 24, 2010

James' First Tooth

Finally James has lost a tooth! It has been wiggly for a while and finally it was loose enough. Last night Bill was telling James how to twist her tooth to help it get out. She tried and it was still in there. She was too scared to tie a string to it and slam the door because she thought it would hurt. I asked her if I could try it and it popped right out. She didn't believe me when I first showed it to her. Then she was really excited because she "didn't even flinch". She put the tooth in a jewelry case because we couldn't find the little tooth pocket that Grandma gave her.

This morning when I woke her up for school she wasn't thinking about the tooth fairy. So, I reminded her. She slowly took the case out from under her pillow and opened it. It was the most calm I have seen her do something. She opened it and her eyes sparkled. She said "The tooth fairy does bring dollars! This one right here. She's nice." It was so cute. Then she walked around holding her dollar in a daze for a couple minutes. When she snapped out of her stupor she went and put it with her other money. She is very happy this morning.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations James! The tooth fairy is nice.

Heidi said...

I have a book of lost tooth fortunes and I looked up James' fortune, but left it at school. I think it was watching for shooting stars and getting to make double wishes on your lucky day. Anyway, congrats to the big girl!

desert mom said...

Great smile and beautiful blue eyes.

When I was your age we only got a dime from the tooth fairy. I think I'll trade my tooth fairy in for your's.

Keep smiling.
Love ya

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

"Big or small there is a difference only you can make."